Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sleek and Sharp

This week's 100 word challenge prompt is sleek. Here's my contribution:

Sleek and Sharp

It began when he muttered that cursed sentence, 'We need to talk.'

The resulting pain is relentless, sleek, and sharp. It has settled in the pit of my stomach, has branched up into my chest and squeezes my heart with every breath. Pain chases my blood around my veins until it is all I know. I am crippled by this invisible force and I hate it. I rail at it and want it gone but know it will own me until the acceptance settles in.

His name used to by my joy. It is now my lament and my penance.









7 comments:

  1. "Pain chases my blood around my veins until it is all I know". Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! Been there, done that...just reading it made me feel a little of it all over again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow. My stomach hurt reading this. We've all been there. Great descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to talk . . . some of the harshest words ever spoken.

    Interestingly - your first line was my last line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! My first round of 100 words, I'm visiting round and feeling very inferior now ;). I agree, the pain chasing blood around is excellent. Vibrantly written -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice job! I have been here and felt exactly this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, so YOU'RE the one whose been stalking me and chronicling my life! I know all too well just how that feels...:-\ In fact, one prompt was about him *sigh*

    K, good one :-)

    ReplyDelete